HEALTHY AGING – GOIN’ SIXTY!
Things I’m competent to do hanging out at the cross roads of
“Having a blast!” and “Doing a good deed”
1) Donate one day a month to All in One Peace, a program for returning veterans.
2) Ski 100,000 feet of vertical in fresh powder snow.
3) Drive three new race tracks.
4) A long backpacking trip with my sons.
5) Write and record songs on a CD.
6) Build and sell a guitar.
7) A sculpture.
8) Fund a grant writer for Novato Charter School grant.
9) Take an epic road trip.
10) Ride my bike in a century.
11) Get certified in scuba and dive a living reef.
12) Enter an ikebana in the Marin County Fair.
And in the end, a book!
Healthy Aging – Being Sixty!
Goin’ Sixty! When I first thought of it, I wasn’t quite sixty yet, and still had some untested adventures in mind. There were no reasons I couldn’t do any of the things I had listed and now I had a clear reason: “to dream these out loud before the window of opportunity closes.” Whatever that turns out to mean…